"Anne's and Mike's journey from Santiago to Puerto Montt in 3 weeks in december and january 2012/13."
Unfortunately our vacation has ended and we are back in freezing Berlin. Adjusting us again is a bit difficult for us and our apartment appears extremely large to us after the time we have spent with the camper and several hotel rooms.
We got home from our journey brimmed over with enthusiasm and we liked especially the period we travelled with the camper. The car was great and as you told us before equipped with everything we might have needed, we didn´t miss anything.
Besides, your service and assistance were unbeatable. Thank you very much for that!!! We will surely come back to Chile and will rent again with you, of course.
Some short comments on the campgrounds:
- Station: Los Molles (Quebrada del Chivato): directly between Panam and Pacific: Nice campground with hot showers, very nice beach, absolutely recommendable.
Getting there is a little exhausting (direct from the highway in direction to Santiago)
- Station: Punta de Choros (Memo Ruz): Nice campground but no really good lots for campers. Very expensive: 24.000 pesos + 700 pesos for hot shower (a hotel can be more economic). Nevertheless, the swiss owner is very nice. In the surroundings are other campgrounds that are not listed in the camping guide.
- Station: Hotel in Vicuña: Hostal Valle Hermoso:
Absolutely recommendable: Lucia –the owner- is very nice and helpful and we could park the camper in the yard.
- Station: Termas de Socos: Campground very good and large with hot shower and thermal bath!!!
- Station: Matanzas close to Navidad: Olas de Matanzas
Small campground on large ground with hotel and very luxury cabañas. We were lucky because two days later the campground would have been sold out (from 29th of December on). It was very nice there, directly at the ocean, phantastic showers and they brought the wood to make fire directly to us. Nevertheless still affordable: 20.000 pesos.
- Station: Itahue: Camping Mora: directly at PanAm, nice place at Río Claro. We were alone with chickens and geese. Bathrooms are so so but ok for one night, and cheap: 6.000 pesos
- Station: Is not listed in the camping guide but should definitely be listed: Campo Indio close to Vegas Blanca
From Angol in direction to the nationalpark Nahuelbuta. The road is not in a good shape and we even used the 4x4 on the last meters. The campground is great, very large and also here we were almost alone. There is a small bar and at nights you can eat there. The campground runs by a swiss very nice couple who came to Chile only in year 2011. We spent New Year´s Eve there. Very nice and good price: 5.000 pesos
- Station: Camping Prado Verde at Lake Calafquén: Great campground in well-tended, park-like surrounding with freshly cut lawn. Privat beach with pebble and view to the volcano Villarrica. Great bathrooms, hot water. Absolutely recommendable for 15.000 pesos.
Anne and Mike