Schedule your end of the year vacation in advance
We know that during the holidays and the end of the year celebrations, Chile is full of tourists. That is why we recommend you plan your trip to this long and narrow country with time to enjoy its wonderful landscapes with the maximum freedom and comfort that one of our campers can offer you.
Before planning your tour, we suggest you find out about these mythical destinations.
- San Pedro de Atacama, an area full of mysteries.
- Elqui Valley, the capital of astrotourism.
- Iquique and La Serena beaches.
- Valparaiso, the main port of Chile and declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco.
- Santiago, the center of the metropolis and distinguished in 2011 by the American newspaper New York Times as one of the best destinations in the world.
- Valdivia, the German city.
- Frutillar, with its captivating art and culture.
- Tierra del fuego, mysterious and extreme.
- Carretera Austral, with its more than 1,200 kilometers of route that crosses the Chilean Patagonia.
- Chiloé, with its beautiful churches declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco.
If you want to explore this country of extreme climates, unparalleled flora and fauna, and the most beautiful starry skies, we recommend you book one of our campers equipped with amenities that suit each adventurer.
Everything you need to know to be able to drive a camper in Chile
The trip begins when you get on our fully equipped vehicles.
But who can handle them in Chile?
Here are the main requirements:
- People over 18 years old (although most of the rental companies of campers require to be over 23 years old).
- Have a normal license to drive vehicles up to 3.5 tons (class B license).
- Have an international license additionally.
We also leave you some tips to keep in mind during your trip:
- In urban areas, the maximum speed allowed is 50 km / h.
- On roads, the limit is 100 km / h to 120 km / h.
In Chile, 93, 95 and 97 octane are used, all without lead. Its value fluctuates between $ 710 and $ 870 Chilean pesos per liter. Diesel is worth between $ 570 and $ 590 per liter. In regions far from the center these values are usually higher. Most of our Holiday Rent RV vehicles use diesel and other 95 octane gasoline.
- The use of a seat belt is mandatory.
- The use of cell phones while driving is prohibited.
- For snowy climates it is a requirement to use chains.
- Our vehicles are enabled with implements such as spanner, hydraulic jack, triangles, fire extinguisher, basic kit and reflective vest, in case of an emergency.
Chile is partying!
With chicha, wine, empanadas and cueca it is celebrated in Chile on September 18… because 209 years of independent history deserve a long weekend of celebrations.
If you will visit this beautiful country during the week of September 16 to 22, we invite you to prepare your best dance steps and enjoy the varied cuisine offered from north to south.
World Travel Awards 2019
Chile once again chosen as "South America’s leading adventure tourism destination"
As in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, this year Chile was awarded at the World Travel Awards as the South America’s leading adventure tourism destination, prevailing over Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and Uruguay.
But that was not all: The Atacama Desert was consecrated, for the second year in a row, as the most romantic destination. In addition, for the first time, Chile was crowned as the best nature destination.
The World Travel Awards have been granted since 1993 to recognize world tourism and are considered the Oscars of the sector.
Happy customers with the eclipse of 2019/07/02
More than 300 thousand tourists came to the Coquimbo Region, in Chile, to witness the historic total solar eclipse on July 2 of this year
Among them, several Holiday Rent RV clients took advantage of the instance to escape in one of our campers and be part of the astronomical event of the year. Their balance was totally positive, and many sent their photos to show the beautiful experience they lived in northern Chile.
If you couldn't see the eclipse, don't worry! A new phenomenon of this type is expected for December 14 of next year, now in southern Chile, in the Araucanía region, where more than one million tourists are expected to arrive. Anticipate and schedule your vacation with Holiday Rent RV!
Tourism promotional event Chile - Brazil
With the aim of diversifying the destinations of Chile in the Brazilian market, the Chilean Under-Secretariat of Tourism, the National Tourism Service of Chile (SERNATUR), the Federation of Tourism Companies of Chile (FEDETUR) and LATAM Airlines held a meeting with tour operators from Brazil called "PRAZER - CHILE 2019".
The event was held at the end of May. It consisted of a series of tours through Chile where more than 20 Brazilian tourism companies learned about the majestic landscapes of the south of the country, the modernity of Santiago and the magic of the indigenous peoples of the North.
This initiative seeks to enhance tourism experiences linked to nature, outdoor, astrotourism, wine tourism, gastronomy and cultural heritage, which can be done in Chile. This, in addition to generating new business networks between both countries.
According to the regional director of Sernatur, Angelica Funes, "Brazil is a strategic market, growing and large. The Brazilian are well-known travelers, especially in July, August and September, and with a high level of spending. That is why the visit of these companies is important for the creation of businesses that increase the flow of Brazilians to our area. "
These promotional meetings began a few years ago under the name of Discover, continuing last year with Expedition and now Prazer. In September of this year a new version of Expedition will be carried on.